style

Valentine’s Day Look + Color Crush

February 10, 2015

Valentine's day look

This Valentine’s Day, embrace your inner girly-girl and flaunt an outfit teeming with festive color. Black is classic and lace is sexy, but vivid hues truly capture the spirit of the holiday. My current color combo crush? A feminine but brilliantly bold mix of cherry red, ballerina pink, and eggplant purple. Instead of clash, bright red and soft pink actually make an adorable pair. Plus, the combination is perfectly playful for date night.

Valentine's Day Look

For my Valentine’s Day look, I tucked a baby pink cashmere sweater into my favorite red midi-skirt. To add an extra dose of cheerfulness, I topped off the ensemble with a purple suede coat. It’s still winter, so I just couldn’t do without an extra layer. Speaking of chilly temperatures, you may want to throw on some stockings and rock this look with boots. I may have underestimated how much snow (look at all that snow!) would hit the East Coast this year.

Valentine's Day Look

Valentine's day look

Skirt, ASOS; similar here and here.

For a Valentine’s Day look with a punch of personality, infuse your outfit with a little color. Share your favorite V-day styles here!

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Kerri @ Haven Way February 10, 2015 at 10:03 pm

That skirt is gorgeous!! Love the cherry red! (also, where are those sunglasses from?! so cute!)

• Reply Valerie Sarron February 11, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Thanks Kerri! The glasses were a gift from Anthropologie. I love their quirky designs!

• Reply Brittany & Devon February 10, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Love the color combinations you can get away with for Valentine’s Day. Nothing is too sweet! Great color combo. Hope you’re staying warm!

• Reply Sarah Blodgett February 11, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Such an unexpected color combo! Love it… especially the skirt!
    Kisses,
    Sarah

• Reply Valerie Sarron February 11, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Sarah! I’m a sucker for a good midi-skirt!

• Reply Larry February 12, 2015 at 1:46 am

Fabulous colors Val. I don’t think I’ll be embracing my inner “girly girl,” but I sure hope my girly girl does…keep up the great work!

• Reply Beth S. February 22, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Oh my goodness, Valerie, your creativity knows no bounds! And you are so pretty! My two year old little boy got hold of my phone and got on your blog. Then he held up the phone with your picture and said, “Pretty!!!”